The BFI Film Academy Network, is a prestigious course for young people who are passionate about film and what to work in the industry.
As a BFI Film Academy participant you will work with filmmakers and take part in a series of masterclasses and workshops with industry professionals, hear their top tips on how to get into and succeed in the film industry, get practice in developing and pitching your ideas and produce your own work. You’ll discuss films from around the world and learn more about distribution, marketing and financing films
The course will include:
- 12 workshops over evenings and weekends from October to December 2014.
- Master classes with high level industry experts including executive producers, locations managers, high level marketing and sales experts, script writers, film critics and 3D experts from films such as The King’s Speech, The Guard, Gosford Park and Fast and Furious 7.
- Training and support in producing a short 3D film
- A screening of your film at a cinema in London.
- Help in finding new opportunities after the course.
- Silver Arts Award
Course Start Date: 11th October
Course End Date: 6th December
Closing date for applications: 5pm 19th September