- Job title
- Resources / Facilities
- Postcode of work
- Experience required
- Working days
- Additional days
- Date posted
- 08 Jan 2023
The Bidding Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day team and administrative tasks required to support the New Business department. This can be varied and include: Setting up bid templates from client provided information, ensuring creative teams are informed of document locations, setting up bid meetings and calls, reading scripts and writing summary documents, helping to assist with the bid creation and preparing client facing documents. The bidding assistant will work closely with the New Business and Bidding Manager and the Chief VFX Business Development Officer.
About the Team:
The New Business department is the first entry point for all new film and episodic VFX projects at Cinesite. The department reviews concept materials (artwork, storyboards, pre-viz), reads scripts, and assess VFX breakdowns to formulate bids (cost estimates) for the work required on a project. These bids are then instrumental in determining the viability of a project for the company and are sent to prospective clients as an official quote for the work.
While this is an entry level position, it does offer a valuable introduction to the VFX industry from a vendor perspective. Alongside the new business team, you will interact with the creative and production teams, learn the importance of bids and budgeting, the varied types of work within VFX (2D, 3D, Animation, FX etc), how to analyse risks and margins on a project, as well as an introduction to client relationship management. These are all valuable tools for someone that is looking to develop into a production side role in VFX at Cinesite in the future.
Note – this position and route is not suited to someone who is looking to become a VFX artist.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Attend client meetings and take detailed notes
- General Admin tasks (updating internal department documents)
- Booking and scheduling meetings
- Formulating bidding documents in Excel
- Reading scripts and writing detailed summary documents
- Use time management skills effectively to complete tasks
We would like to hear from you if you have the following:
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- Positive and proactive “can do” attitude
- Has a passion for VFX in TV and Film
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent writing ability
- Ability to cope under stressful situations
- Goal driven and highly motivated
- Good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel