- Entertainment One
- Job title
- Post Production
- Postcode of work
- Experience required
- 4 - 5 years
- Working days
- 5 day week
- Additional days
- Date posted
- 22 Jun 2022
Title: Video Editor / Motion Graphics (Mid-level) Division: Family Brands
Department: Creative Services Number of Direct Reports: 0
Reporting To: Video Director Location: London
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne’s expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.
eOne brings to market both original and existing content, sourcing IP from Hasbro’s portfolio of 1500+ brands, and through a diversified network of creative partners and eOne companies including: international feature film distribution company Sierra/Affinity; Amblin Partners with DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; Makeready with Brad Weston; unscripted television production companies Renegade 83, Daisybeck, Blackfin and Whizz Kid Entertainment; live entertainment leaders Round Room Live; world-class music companies Audio Network, Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang; and award-winning emerging content and technology studio Secret Location.
eOne’s Family Brands division is an exciting, fast growing team within the global Hasbro family that specialises in the development, production, distribution, and brand management of kid’s entertainment. Key properties in the brand portfolio include international pre-school TV phenomenon Peppa Pig; superhero hit PJ Masks; newly launched pre-school series Ricky Zoom; fashion brands My Little Pony and Jem; as well as action-adventure brands Transformers: Rescue Bots and Power Rangers.
The Creative Services team within the Family Brands Division at Entertainment One, is looking for a Mid-level Video Editor and motion graphics designer, to work on consumer and trade facing video content, to support each of our pre-school, fashion and action properties. Working in partnership with the Global Brand team we are looking for someone with previous experience within the entertainment industry, who can animate and edit to a high standard, producing a wide variety of sizzles, promos, trailers and other video content.
You will work with the Director and other editors/designers within the team, to create video content of the highest quality, pushing the boundaries within each brand, whilst staying true to the values of each property. Taking brief’s, concepts and storyboards and produce engaging video content, which includes strong storytelling moments, that captures the essence of each brand you work on.
You be a strong collaborator, not only love sharing ideas with the rest of the team but proactively partnering with the global brand team, as well as teams in the wider busines, showcasing your technical ability and passion for the brands at all times.
Above all someone who loves working on kids brands within the entertainment industry.
In this role, your accountabilities and responsibilities are…
- Create high level video content to support the global brand and regional marketing teams, across the pre-school, fashion and action portfolio.
- Create engaging sizzles, promos and trailers and other video content, for internal, trade and consumer facing initiatives, ensuring strong narrative and compelling storytelling is woven within each video
- Work with the Director to create strong concepts and storyboards for internal and external resource to work from.
- When required, act as a point of approval on assets the Junior designer and external resource create, offering an extremely high standard of quality control. Helping to ensure projects are delivered on time and on brief.
- Implement market leading editing, sound, graphics, and storytelling across all video output.
- Assist with the creation of the video guidelines for each of our pre-school and fashion brands, which sets the creative direction each year from a global brand and marketing POV. Also influencing video content across wider business areas, inc licensing, retail, experiential and more.
- Work with the Studio Manager, to ensure the process for creating video content is as streamlined as possible.
- Be up to date on all editing and motion graphics trends and techniques as well as having a good understanding of the similar content our competitors are creating.
- Support the Director to proactively engage with relevant teams within the business to identify areas where we can support them with video content to support brand and marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Working with additional members of the team, ensuring all video content is shared, organised and archived in the most efficient way possible.
- Collaborate with external vendors for final sound and composition support.
- Sound design the sizzles and trailers we produce to a high level.
- Ensure all external outputs across broadcast and marketing partners are adhered to and supplied.
- Have in depth knowledge of all episodic content and be abreast of new content in the pipeline.
- Be a creative brand champion, with thorough comprehensive knowledge of the brand, understanding how the entertainment content can best be translated across all touch points.
To do this role, you will have…
- Proven experience within the pre-school or entertainment industry.
- Excellent knowledge of all video related applications, including Final Cut, Premier Pro, After Effects as well as strong knowledge in all additional plug-ins and software required to work with and produce high end video content
- Proven experience as mid level editor and/or motion graphics design within a video team, with strong technical skills.
- Strong knowledge of all output requirements, when editing for broadcast and marketing partners
- Ability to brief and quality control additional resource to a high level
- Genuine passion for storytelling through video content
- Passion for kids brands and experience of working within properties across both 3d and 2d animation
- Experience in localising videos for multiple territories
- Extremely organised mind with strong project management skills
- Strong stakeholder management with collaboration at the forefront of everything you do
- Can demonstrate examples, where you have pushed the creative boundaries of brands, understanding the commercial landscape, whilst maintaining the core values of the brand.
In this role, you will achieve success…
- If there is a clear creative direction for each brand, that can be applied across all video content produced for each of our properties
- If the standard of video work is increased year on year, raising the bar wherever possible
- If video assets are provided to support the business needs for each property, helping to increase what’s on offer for internal teams and external partners
- If a creative and collaborate culture exists within the Creative Services team in partnership with the Global Brand team
What you’ll be a part of:
Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
Investing in your future: local defined contribution pension plans
Break time: free snacks and reduced hours in summer
Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
The office: modern facilities and in-house screening rooms
Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
Grow: develop your career and shape your future
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.