- IMG Studios
- Job title
- Post Production
- Postcode of work
- Closing date
- 29 May 2022
- Experience required
- Working days
- 5 day week
- Additional days
- Date posted
- 23 May 2022
Contract Type/Length: Permanent
Are you passionate about pursuing a career in post-production with an interest in Broadcast Television? If the answer is yes, then look no further!
An exciting opportunity has arisen at IMG Studios for an Edit Assistant to work in our state-of-the-art broadcast facility based in Stockley Park, Uxbridge. Home to Premier League Productions, European Tour Productions & Euroleague Basketball, to name a few, IMG Media is the world’s largest independent producer and distributor of sports programming – with an extensive catalogue of programming spanning over 20+ sports.
Beyond sport, we provide content distribution services for a variety of world class premium drama content in collaboration with our partners. Titles such as Killing Eve, Nine Perfect Strangers & Tokyo Vice often cross our workstations. You might have seen some of them on Amazon Prime Video!
We are looking for an Edit Assistant with exceptional attention to detail and a positive, proactive outlook. Previous experience of working in a technical role in either a broadcast or post-production environment is preferable, and the understanding of editing and file-based media management / workflows would be a distinct advantage. However, specific training will be provided.
▪ Ensuring that all media is Ingested, formatted, and delivered correctly based on client’s specification
▪ Transfer, archive, and duplication of analogue and digital assets across a variety of formats
▪ Organizing and recording of live programming
▪ Front line edit suite support
▪ Liaise with the MSA Shift Manager about deadlines and workflow decisions
▪ Report any equipment issues within the MSA department
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
▪ Working knowledge of Avid / Adobe Premiere
▪ Good understanding of file-based workflows
▪ Broad knowledge of industry standard file formats and codecs and their uses
▪ Good understanding of the post-production process
▪ Excellent organization and communication skills (both written and verbal)
▪ Use of own initiative and ability to work well as part of a team and alone without close supervision
▪ Previous experience of working to tight deadlines and working effectively under pressure
▪ Excellent attention to detail
PLEASE NOTE: This is a permanent role based at Stockley Park, Uxbridge. The role requires working on a 7-day fortnight shift pattern, which includes working weekends and public holidays. The shifts are 12-hours long and will rotate between 7am-7pm, 10am-10pm and 1pm-1am.
For the full job description and to apply, please click here
Application deadline is Sunday 29th May 2022 at 11:59pm GMT.
About IMG Studios:
IMG Studios is a premier production centre with state-of-the art studios, post-production and live operations facilities. It houses 4 HD broadcast television studios, 9 production galleries, 3 dubbing suites, 50 edit destinations, 3 radio studios, an award-winning 3D Graphics & Visual Effects team, and one of the largest data centres built specifically for digital media and broadcast in recent times. The Master Control Room includes 5 transmission suites and monitors over 200 HD lines in & out of the building. With its own satellite farm and direct links to many of the leading sports stadia in the UK, IMG Studios is at the centre of sports and entertainment production and distribution.
To find out more about IMG Studios please visit: www.img-studios.com
Diversity Statement for IMG
IMG unites and brings people together in our love of sport, culture, and entertainment. We understand this can only be accomplished when we harness the entirety of our company and lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. It means that we engage in anti-racism and allyship the way we do anything. Fiercely and Fearlessly. As a global company that drives culture we endeavor to reflect the world’s diverse voices both internally and externally to ensure success in our mission.