- Job title
- Postcode of work
- Experience required
- Working days
- 5 day week
- Additional days
- Date posted
- 10 Jun 2021
ScreenSkills is the industry-led skills body for the UK’s screen industries – film, television (high-end, children’s, unscripted), VFX, animation and games. We are supporting economic recovery and future innovation and growth across the whole of the UK by investing in the skilled and inclusive workforce who are critical to the global success of the screen sector. We are funded by industry contributions to our Skills Funds and with National Lottery funds awarded by the BFI as part of its Future Film Skills strategy to help people get into the industry and progress within it.
This is a new role which provides an exciting opportunity to influence and shape learning and development during a period of opportunity, change and challenges in a post pandemic environment. This role will report to the Head of Unscripted and Children’s TV to ensure the success of the new Unscripted TV Skills Fund. You will be expected to bring your knowledge of the TV industry and experience in learning and development to establish best practise protocols for unscripted TV training, and to make recommendations for commissioning to ensure training excellence. The Senior Learning and Development Manager will also be responsible for the effective programming, commissioning and delivery of all unscripted short course training and Learning & Development (L&D).
Support the Head of Unscripted and Children’s TV (fund lead) in the development and implementation of an overall annual strategy for the Unscripted Skills Fund.
* Lead on the development and implementation of an annual online short course programme strategy.
* Oversee delivery including learning design, and the development, and management of training programmes and ensure its optimal effectiveness.
* Develop partnerships with training providers and continue to source a diverse range of new trainers to fulfil training needs across the UK.
* Develop a strong training provider network outside London.
* Ensure support is offered for new trainers through ScreenSkills Train the Trainer programme.
* Create best practice protocols for training and routinely monitor training output.
* Set up an L&D forum to share good practice on training and training for the future.
* Support the fund lead to create tender documents for applications from training providers.
* Support the fund lead in assessing applications for training grants making recommendations based on agreed training outcomes.
* Provide support and regular updates to the fund lead.
* Any other responsibilities which are commensurate with the role.
This is a part-time, 4 days per week, permanent role which may increase to 5 days per week. Ideally, the successful candidate will be flexible to meet the demands of the role.
Learn more and apply here