- Job title
- Production Management
- Postcode of work
- Closing date
- 14 Jan 2021
- Experience required
- Working days
- 5 day week
- Additional days
- Date posted
- 08 Jan 2021
BBC Studios ScriptWorks is looking to hire a new Development Coordinator to work on a few different projects related to finding and developing new writing talent,.
The Development Coordinator will provide support to the Creative Director and Development Producer of ScriptWorks, BBC Studios’ hub for finding and developing new writing talent. The ScriptWorks team runs the prestigious BBC Studios Writers’ Academy, the recently launched BBC Studios Writers’ Workshop, and the A Thousand Stories script competition for BAME writers, alongside developing new drama series with a number of emerging writers.
- To assist the Creative Lead and Development Producer of the BBC Studios Writers Academy in all areas of their work as directed.
- To assist in the planning and administration of the BBC Studios Writers’ Academy – booking rooms and equipment, editing clips to be used in lectures, sourcing and copying illustrative material, preparing & distributing handouts, preparing purchase orders, managing the payment of writers and guests fees and expenses, collecting and looking after writers and guests.
- To organise events, including venues/speakers, arranging travel and catering, completing risk assessments etc and ensuring the smooth running of these events.
- To occasionally assist with diary management and submitting expenses.
- To help build a social media presence for ScriptWorks.
- To maintain a database of writers and contact lists for new writing organisations and key contacts across the country, as well as a regular round up of new writing events and productions.
- To provide support to the team, including by reading scripts, attending readings/plays by new writers, general research etc.
- To prepare budgets and monitor expenditure for the core team budget and associated projects, liaising with BBC Finance and the wider team.
The Ideal Candidate
At BBC Studios, we seek people who are passionate about who we are and what we do.
- Experience of script reading and writing script reports.
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for the output of the BBC Drama Department.
- Knowledge of current television industry, as well as film, radio, theatre, and fiction.
- Good understanding of all AV formats, software, and equipment and good working knowledge of Final Cut Pro or other editing packages.
- A flexible and positive attitude to work.
- Administrative experience with demonstrable ability to work in a busy office.
- Effective time-management and organisational skills.
- An ability to exercise initiative and to work unsupervised.
- Computer literate, including good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and a familiarity with standard office technology.
Learn more and apply here https://careerssearch.bbc.co.