- New Stateman Media Group
- Job title
- Postcode of work
- WFH / WC2R
- Experience required
- 3- 4 years
- Working days
- 5 day week
- Additional days
- Date posted
- 30 Dec 2020
New Statesman Media Group
Video Producer / Editor
The New Statesman Media group is looking for a multi-skilled video producer to create industry-leading video content across our platforms and titles. You’ll be joining as a founding member of a new team, with an ambitious growth plan.
The successful candidate will be a producer, director and editor with demonstrable experience turning in-depth reporting into visually striking and emotionally-gripping short films. You have fine-tuned narrative sensibilities, a firm grasp of professional video production practices and experience in documentary journalism.
You’re experienced at taking ideas from development to delivery, including research & scripting, budgeting, pre-production, studio and location shooting, editing and publishing on digital platforms.
You’re equally comfortable shooting and directing solo, working with other journalists, and/or directing larger crews as required. Experience directing and creating motion graphics would be beneficial.
The ideal candidate also has experience solving commercial briefs for sponsored editorial content, and working with external production companies to deliver on proposals.
Collaboration will be key to the success of this role. We’re looking for candidates who have experience working with colleagues from a range of disciplines and are able to create successful video products that work within a network of multi-media content.
This role reports to the Executive Producer of Audiovisual Content.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience as a video producer within a leading media organisation
- Experience of pre-production including scripting, storyboarding, budgeting, planning shoots
- Strong journalism and storytelling skills, with a showreel that demonstrates experience crafting emotionally-rich visual narratives
- Self-shooting and directing to the highest professional standard
- Experience directing crews on location
- Proficient editor using Adobe CC software
- Experience of growing audiences on YouTube and social platforms using video
- Understanding of SEO best practices for video publishing
Send CV, brief cover letter (max 300 wds) and showreel or examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org