- Manchester United Media
- Job title
- North West
- Postcode of work
- Closing date
- 5 Jun 2020
- Experience required
- Working days
- 5 day week
- Additional days
- Date posted
- 21 May 2020
MANCHESTER UNITED (MUTV)
JOB TITLE: Broadcast Engineer – Audio
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Technology Manager
CLOSING DATE: 5TH June 2020
MUTV first came on air in 1998 and since then has become a huge feature of the Manchester United experience, offering fans exclusive interviews with players and staff, showing recent matches and match analysis across all teams, together with classic matches from years gone by. During the 24:7 output, a number of segments are broadcast live and we’re looking to recruit an audio specialist to fill a key Broadcast Engineering role in the live gallery.
Purpose: To deliver the technical and production requirements within MUTV’s live gallery and transmission operations, while providing support for Manchester United’s technology platforms
The Role: The role initially is for an audio specialist within the Broadcast Engineering field, with the intention that this person will be up-skilled in all elements of live media and TV. This goes beyond simply operating kit; we want this person to learn how the kit works and become familiar with the entire MUTV technical infrastructure.
- Working in the MUTV gallery and transmission areas, responsible to the producer and other members of production staff for the satisfactory operation of technical facilities.
- Gallery duties to include audio mixing for live TV, audio equipment setup, programming and operation, satellite downlinks, network line feeds, communication links, signal routing and distribution, problem solving and resolving, maintaining output quality.
- Technical support of Web, App, Mobile and Social platforms.
- Audio engineering and live audio operation experience required.
- Recognised academic qualifications of audio engineering/broadcast operations theory and practice.
- Experience of working for a television broadcaster or production company in a technology support environment.
- Broadcast engineering skills in live operations and or integration projects would be advantageous.
The Benefits: In addition to the skill set development mentioned above, you will be part of the team which provides audio for every single live broadcast which includes; pitch side interviews, manager press conferences, and interviewing at the training ground. In addition, you will be helping to design and create ad hoc studios and transmission suites for outside broadcasts and provide solutions for any myriad of situations which may come about through being part of one of the biggest football clubs in the world.
MUFC Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and adults at risk in our work place.