- Manchester United Media
- Job title
- North West
- Postcode of work
- Experience required
- 1 - 2 years
- Working days
- 5 day week
- Additional days
- Date posted
- 25 Nov 2019
MANCHESTER UNITED TELEVISION LIMITED
Job Title: Technology Support Engineer – Broadcast and Transmission
Accountable to: Technology Engineer
The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of the technical and production requirements within MUTV’s live gallery and transmission operations, while providing support for Manchester United’s technology platforms.
The successful candidate will have a recognised academic qualifications within broadcast operations theory and practice, and experience of working for a television broadcaster or production company in a technology support environment. Strong IT skills.
- Assist Service Delivery Manager and Technology Engineers in maintaining the service delivery of Manchester United’s television channels and technology platforms.
- Working in the MUTV gallery and transmission areas, responsible to the producer and other members of production staff for the satisfactory operation of technical facilities.
- Gallery duties to include camera setup and racking, vision mixer programming, lighting, satellite downlinks, network line feeds, audio mixing, communication links, signal routing and distribution, problem solving and resolving, maintaining output quality.
- Technical support of Web, App, Mobile and Social platforms.
- Ensure all incident logging and reporting procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Escalate significant incidents internally and externally as required.
- Develop and enhance technology knowledge across all platforms.
- To cover rostered duties at Old Trafford, MU Media Office and AON Training Complex.
- Assist with first line maintenance and installation work at Old Trafford gallery, MU Media Office and AON Training Complete.
This is a terrific opportunity for a graduate with 1-2 year’s experience to gain access and exposure to all elements of television broadcast and a live studio environment. The television channel transmits on a 24-7 basis and working patterns are based around the live requirements – this is a 5 day week and will include some night and weekend work in-line with matchdays.
Send CV and cover to