- Job title
- Resources / Facilities
- Postcode of work
- Experience required
- Working days
- 5 day week
- Additional days
- Date posted
- 05 Nov 2019
Title: Warehouse/Kitroom Supervisor, Procam London
Reports to: Warehouse Operations Manager
Overview: Procam is a leading digital cinematography hire facility, providing camera hire, lens
hire and crew hire, as well as sound, lighting and grip rental. Procam is renowned
within the industry for providing excellence in customer service.
As part of the technical management team, the Kitroom Manager will assist with the
day-to-day coordination of technical operations of Procam London’s Kitroom. This
includes coordinating of the workforce during shifts and assisting with kit preparation
including the rigorous maintaining and testing of kit before dispatch.
Hours: 40 hours per week, including some weekend work. Shifts: 6pm-3pm or 1pm-10pm.
• You will be required to lead and motivate a team of technicians during the shift, this will
include ensuring the team stays motivated and focused – especially when we have strict
deadlines to meet.
• You will lead by example and stay calm under pressure when last minute jobs drop or there
are changes to client requirements or equipment.
• Planning weekly rotas and updating the systems with shifts.
• Support with the training and development of the technical team.
• You will maintain good communication and share information with the Bookings Manager and
Team (e.g. handover), senior management, HR, IT and the project department.
• Communicate to management and HR any lateness orsickness related absences or issues with
staff that need to be escalated.
• You will be involved with communicating with external suppliers and cross-hire companies
• You will be responsible for understanding client’s requirements and ensuring kit is prepared
to the highest quality every time kit is dispatched from the Warehouse.
• Therefore, as Warehouse/Kitroom Supervisor you will be responsible for ensuring there is a
strong sense of urgency to meeting deadlines.
• Required to communicate with clients directly for both technical troubleshooting and issues
concerning missing or damaged kit.
• You must ensure the team follow Procam’s strict process and protocol when we are preparing
and delivery equipment to ensure the accuracy of client requirements.
• You will be responsible for maintaining systems and supporting change to current processes
• Technical knowledge surrounding cameras, lens, audio, lighting and grip equipment would be
• Providing clients with technical support when required.
• To possess an interest in broadcast technology and emerging technologies.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND SECURITY
• You will be responsible for supporting the Technical Facilities Manager with the operational
needs of ensuring a safe working environment.
• You will be responsible for ensuring any accidents or near misses are reported, and to
participate in incident investigations when necessary.
• You must ensure staff wear PPE when required.
• You will be responsible for carrying H&S checks and audits (this may require travel).
• You must attend any training regarding H&S that the company requires you to attend.
• You must ensure you always abide by the Procam security procedures.
• These are the attributes and qualities we are looking for from a Warehouse/Kitroom
• You will lead by example.
• To have a proven background in people management with good communication skills;
• You will be process driven;
• You will have a methodical approach with excellent attention to detail.
• You will be technically minded with good IT skills.
A background in TV, Broadcast or Film equipment would be desirable, however, we will consider
applications from those outside the industry if they have strong warehouse management experience
in other industries e.g. background in logistics, distribution, hire will be considered.
You will be responsible for supervising the use of our bespoke software and therefore you will have
excellent IT skills.
Full training will be provided on our bespoke systems and processes.
Your performance will be reviewed at your 3-month probation review and at your yearly appraisal;
there may be ad hoc meetings throughout the year to discuss any issues. This job description will be
reviewed periodically and may change to suit the needs of the business.
Send CV and cover to firstname.lastname@example.org