- October Films
- Job title
- Post Production
- Postcode of work
- Experience required
- 1 - 2 years
- Working days
- 5 day week
- Additional days
- Days off in lieu (DOIL)
- Date posted
- 07 Aug 2019
October Films is an award-winning, innovative television production company and one of the fastest-growing and truly independent production companies in the UK and US.
Our London office provides post-production facilities for both October Films productions and external clients, encompassing 24 Avid offline edit suites connected to 160TB of Avid NEXIS and ISIS shared storage.
About the Role:
We are currently looking for an Edit Assistant to join our post-production team at October Films. The role will be based at our offices in North London.
The Edit Assistant is a vital role in the post-production team, supporting post-production operations across the 24 edit suites and MCR. The successful candidate will be a core member of team and ready to take the lead on implementing correct workflows and procedures across all our projects. The role requires an excellent working knowledge of Avid Media Composer and a solid understanding of post-production workflows. A personable and confident attitude when liaising with editors, production staff and external clients is also crucial to this role.
Some shift work may be applicable.
We are looking for someone who is eager to take on new responsibilities and make the role their own, bringing enthusiasm and fresh ideas to the team.
- 1+ years of experience working in a busy post-production facility
- Excellent working knowledge of Avid Media Composer software
- Experience in providing technical support to Avid offline suites
- Excellent working knowledge of broadcast video formats, standards and codecs
- Excellent working knowledge of post-production workflows from ingest through to final post
- Understanding of scheduling in a post-production facility
- Experience with media-management including securely backing up rushes and other media
- Ability to take on some organisational responsibilities within the department
- Knowledge of latest camera formats and relevant ingest workflows
- Knowledge of broadcast deliverables and formats
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and find solutions under pressure
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel
- Knowledge of Windows PC networking and IT problem-solving
- Knowledge of maintenance and administration of Avid NEXIS and ISIS shared storage
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Experience in set-up and maintenance of Avid offline suites
- Experience in media management of rushes and associated data
- Knowledge of LTO archival systems
- Knowledge of Da Vinci Resolve ingest/dailies workflows
- Knowledge of FFMPEG and other file conversion utilities
- Comfortable syncing and grouping rushes in Avid
- Comfortable conforming in Avid and prepping sequences for online/grade/mix
- Professional attitude and conscientious approach to work
- Ability to efficiently manage workload and prioritise tasks as necessary
- Confidence in liaising with production staff and external clients
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Desire to learn new skills and to keep up to date with new technology and workflows
- Ability to use initiative and make decisions under pressure
Send CV and cover to Bea.Buck@octoberfilms.co.uk