- Creative Skillset
- Job title
- Resources / Facilities
- Postcode of work
- Closing date
- 1 Apr 2018
- Experience required
- Working days
- 5 day week
- Additional days
- Date posted
- 09 Mar 2018
- Driver/Trainee Prep Technician
- Kit Room Assistant
- Production Team Assistant
- Projects Secretary
- Bookings Coordinator
- Office Coordinator
- Operations Manager
- Post Production Runner
- Operations Manager
- Front of House/Office Manager
- Trainee Finder Placement Administrator
- Post Production Runner
|Job title:||Executive Assistant|
Over the last eighteen months, Creative Skillset, has under new leadership reshaped the organisation and refocused our strategy on the screen industries – clarifying our purpose and value.
Our mission is to lead on building inclusive skills and talent to achieve a world beating UK screen industries sector.
We have a new industry Chair and our Board and Advisory Councils comprise of industry leaders from across the screen sector – film, television, visual effects, animation and games – representing large and small organisations across the UK
The Executive Assistant role is pivotal and will provide the highest standard of administrative support and personal assistance to the CEO. They will provide excellent diary management whilst responding proactively to a range of organisational activities and processes. The role will also take a functional lead in supporting the Company Secretary with Governance arrangements and will provide assistance to both the Board of Directors and the Finance and Audit Committee.
To provide the highest standard of confidential PA duties, administrative and project support to the CEO to enable the smooth and effective running of the organisation
- Provide first class, professional and confidential support to the CEO.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient running of Creative Skillset’s day to day operations that involve the key deliverables, assessing priorities and taking necessary actions to ensure deadlines are met.
- Act as the key point of enquiry and contact for the Senior Management Team, ensuring that all enquiries are handled promptly, and courteously that reflects a positive image of Creative Skillset.
- Proactively manage busy and often conflicting diaries, and deal with competing demands including: prioritising, co-ordinating, scheduling and cancelling meetings.
- Provide e-mail management with the ability to proactively draft and reply to emails on behalf of the CEO and senior team as required.
- Establish and maintain efficient and transparent systems for office housekeeping e.g. filing, archiving, ensuring that information is easily accessible.
- Maintain a comprehensive bring-forward system to ensure that items are followed up on the relevant dates.
- Produce high quality documents including reports, general correspondence and presentation materials.
- Maintain Company Secretary records and support Governance activities.
- Ad-hoc support to members of the Executive Team
- Organise, plan preparation sessions, prepare documents, including referenced meeting packs (production and printing of agendas and papers) prior to key meetings involving the CEO
- Undertake discrete small-scale projects as requested.
- Handle CEO expenses; including reconciling receipts and submitting claims.
- Organise CEO travel and accommodation providing clear itineraries.
- Be part of the wider Business Support Team to ensure the smooth and effective running of the Creative Skillset Team and its outputs
- Provide general support in the smooth running of the office operations, including meeting and greeting visitors, answering telephone queries, sorting mail and any other reasonable duties as requested by the Office Manager
- Assist with other Business Support Projects as and when appropriate; e.g. Team social events, ordering food and drink, hiring external spaces for events as and when needed.
- Work flexibly on occasion when required outside of normal working hours
This job description may be changed from time to time to reflect the needs of the business – is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive. It is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility.
Experience and Knowledge
- Proven experience working in a similar role and supporting at least one Executive Level Director
- Extensive diary and email management experience using the full range of Outlook functionality
- Extensive Knowledge of all MS Office Packages
- Experience of working in a busy office environment, handling varied and sometimes conflicting workloads
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), including the ability to communicate effectively by telephone and in person with a wide range of people i.e. members of the public, Board members and patrons.
- Understanding of the need to handle confidential information with discretion and sensitivity’
- Effective time management and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload effectively in order to meet fixed deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail; proofreading documents for distribution on behalf of the CEO is required regularly.
- A passion for the screen sectors
To discuss this opportunity further, or to apply with a CV please email: email@example.com
The application deadline is Sunday 1 April 2018.